Errands and Hiking

I began the day today by going back into Dornbirn with Beni and visting the Stadtmarkt. He got a jacket at Façona, and I got some pants at C&A, then we returned. It was a short trip, but it was a good chance to talk with Beni one-on-one and practice my German more. I have been speaking completely in German, but I still don't have good grammar or vocabulary. Basically, I am at the point where people can figure out what I am trying to say, but I can't fully say it. But after we finished in Dornbirn we returned to Schwarzach. We picked up some more Döner at Memo's Kebap and ate lunch with Agnes and Clara back at the house. Döner is really good, and super popular here. I have personally seen probably 20 Kebap Imbiss' in the Dornbirn/Schwarzach area. They are almost all from Turkish immigrants. After lunch, Agnes, Clara, Beni and I went and ran some errands. First, we went to Agnes' practice in Wolfurt to get her wallet. While there we walked to a tasty ice cream shop and I had some Milka ice cream... ohhhh yeah. Next, we went to a lederhosen shop in Schwarzach to look for some Dirndl for Clara. We didn't find any, but we continued on to the BIPA. Clara got all sorts of supplies there, and I got some European equivalent of Sea Breeze. BIPA is really just a big cosmetics store. Our last stop was at Hofer in Dornbirn. This store carries a generic supply of food and items, then has one specialty every week. This week apparently it was Dirndl, but there wasn't any fitting pairs there either. So we went back home. Agnes invited me to accompany her on a hike in the afternoon though, I accepted and I am really glad I did. We walked up Linzenberg Straße and continued into the forest. We made a loop through the trees and ended up in Bildstein, a small community up on a hill overlooking the valley. We had a drink at a Gasthof there, then walked out to the point, to see a stellar view from across the Bodensee in Germany, all the way past Dornbirn and far into the valley. Oh did I mention that I can see into 3 countries from my house? It is especially clear from the point in Bildstein though. Directly across from my house are mountains belonging to Switzerland. Then if you look way out over the Bodensee from the top story you can see into Germany. And, of course, I am in Austria. 3 countries in view, that is cool. We were done in Bildstein so we walked back through the forest (a different route) and home. We had a macaroni and cheese-ish dinner, but it was with onions, pepper and some really intense Vorarlberg cheese.
Another picture of my school

A lady taking here dog shopping

The Dornbirn Rathaus (my bus stop for school)

Downtown Dornbirn, the church is in the background

Memo's Kebap, just around the corner from my house

The main street in Schwarzach (I should have included this earlier)

My street

At Agnes' practice

Wolfurt

At the ice cream shop

Shopping at the Lederhosen shop

Typical Dirndl

At BIPA

A little chapel we saw during the hie

Inside the chapel

Wandern durch den Wald

Beautiful right?

Wow, I love it here. This is about 20 minutes from my house

Agnes hiking

All the trees are huge here

Walking on the road

Welcome to Bildstein!

The main street in Bildstein

The main area in Bildstein

Walking out to the point

The Bildstein church

A view of my valley

Walking into Schwarzach

On the way down

Hiking back down

It was a beautiful evening

This entry was posted in

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kristi says:

    Hi Sweetie! Ok what is a Kebop Imbiss? Is it a restaurant? Do you start school next week? I am writing on my laptop. It seems to work. Love you much, Mom

  2. Kebap is a type of food. An Imbiss is a small kind of snack shack or little restaurant. I start school this monday

Leave a Reply