Last Day of Summer

After a 101 day summer, it is finally over. It is weird because I should have started school about 3 weeks ago, but instead I hit the sweet spot and got a giant summer break. Tomorrow is my first day and I am a little nervous, but am keeping a good attitude. I know it is going to be difficult at times with the language barrier, but over time I will learn to speak dialect. Today was pretty laid back. I woke up and walked down to the post office and bank to mail a postcard and ask my bank about managing my money. I saw Agnes, Jakob, and Paul (Jakob's friend who came to Waldbad with us) walking back from their first day of school then. I joined them at Bäckerei Mangold, which is just down the hill from my house, and we had something to drink. Afterward, I returned home and lounged around. Jakob picked up another one of his friends, Filip I believe, down at the bäckerei so they were playing together. Beni and I played some ping pong with them too, which was fun. In the afternoon Agnes, Beni, Jakob, Paul, another friend who is a girl Lea, and I went to the mini golf place in Hard we visited earlier. It was a good time, but really hot. Today is the last nice day according to Beni, and it was pleasant. We took a break at the same restaurant as before, right on the lake, and watched the water skiers. Then, we got ice cream and returned home. Once home I played more ping pong and ate dinner, and now I am preparing for bed. It was a relaxing summer day, the last one!

Lea, Paul, and Jakob in the back

A chart of the fish in the Bodensee, fishing is popular here

Admiring the ice cream shop

In Hard

Getting our golf equiptment

Mini golf on the Bodensee

Paul, Jakob and Lea playing on the bars

This pretty much sums up Jakob's personality

What the majority of Schwarzach looks like

This entry was posted in

One Response so far.

  1. Kristi says:

    I enjoyed my last days too. We all eventually have to work! Love ya, Mom

Leave a Reply