Leaving Tauplitz

The next morning started out foggy, then turned into a clear and beautiful day. After breakfast I went out to take pictures and found Johnny outside, so I sat with him for a while. More and more people came outside drawn by the mountains and soon enough a ton of people were out wondering at the landscape we couldn't have seen prior. After lunch, we all waited outside for the bus. We got into Bad Mitterndorf then had about an hour to wait for the train. Crash, Jesse, Lucas, Lauren and I went across the train tracks and a field to reach a little trail and creek. It was time to leave, so I said goodbye to everyone and got on the train for my 8 hour return to Bregenz. It was just the reverse of the way here, and we shrank in numbers from about 55 to just Mark, Emily, and I in Bregenz. In between we had an hour in Salzburg, so we went to a McDonalds for dinner. We didn't get to see very much of Salzburg, but I know from last summer that it is a really cool city. Agnes greeted me in Bregenz and I finally was home in Schwarzach. It was a total of about 19 or 20 hours of traveling for one weekend, so I was dead.

The Linzerhaus

A morning view

A semi-frozen hibernating salamander we found 

With Crash, Johnny, Julien and Lucas, I was being serious to mix it up

The half-revealed mountains

Another view of the mountains

Crash, Lucas and I

Waiting for the bus

Taking to bus to Bad Mitterndorf

Some mountains on the way down

Walking across to the trail

In the forest

More mountains, it's hard not to find mountains in the Salzkammergut
 
Waiting for the first train

Dinner in Salzburg

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply