Altmünster Day 11


Wednesday August 22nd 22:22
I started out pretty tired today, but ended up having one of my best days at camp so far. We didn’t have afternoon classes today so after hanging out in my room for a while I went down to the lake again with Lucas, Jesse, and Lauren. I discovered the Wifi down at the beach and got to post some of my blog entries. Then I went swimming for a while and at about 5:30 we walked back up to camp. We met up with Crash down while we were swimming and he joined us for the walk back. There was a standard dinner then we had a study session for an hour. Crash and Emily (from Canada) held auditions for a talent show that will be going on this Saturday. I didn’t try out because I don’t have any talents I can showcase. But once we finished the study session and auditions we walked back to the lake and went night swimming. That was really fun. It was about 8:45 and due to the mountains it was pretty dark. The lake was warm from the whole day of sunlight and when we got in it was warmer than the air around it. Lucas showed me how to do a Can-Opener as well. Afterward I felt really refreshed and energetic and had a good time with Crash, Lucas, Parker, Jesse and Lauren on the way back. We had snack then headed back to our room. There we hung out some more and finally chilled out to the state we are in now. Every night we pretty much go through the same routine. Kids come and go in our room (being the biggest one on the floor) until about 10:30, then we just talk amongst ourselves, listen to music and journal/blog until about 11:30. It is now 11 and Crash is outside in the rain watching lightning. He is always doing something crazy, like dancing around the room or jumping out the window (we are on the first floor). Lucas, Parker, Johnny, Mark and I jumped out too to watch the storm, following his example. Then about 5 girls poked their heads out of their windows up stairs. It was crazy, another strike would come about every 2 seconds, and the sky was pretty much completely illuminated. Everyone started taking pictures, so I went and got my camera from my locker. The pictures I took are strange because the lightning acted like the sun, equally illuminating every part of the image, and after I left the shutter open for the duration of a few strikes, there would be enough light that the image would look like it was daytime. There is always something exciting going on in our room.
During complete darkness, illuminated by lightning
Walking down to the lake, Crash and Parker

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply