Altmünster Day Two


Monday August 13 22:39
Today we woke up early and had breakfast together. There are about 75 students here, 48 from the U.S. and the rest are from other parts of Europe, Latin America or Asia. We were assigned classes, and when I arrived at my class I was learning the alphabet and how to say my name, after 2 years of German this was surprising. At the break I talked to my teacher and I was moved into the 2nd highest class. The reason was because I was interviewed in the car on the way to language camp without my knowledge, then I fell asleep and Ingrid did not hear my German capabilities. We had a 3 hour break between 15 and 18 o’clock and I met up with two kids named Lucas Utley (from Arkansas) and Julien Berger (from Switzerland) and we went to a town called Gmunden. It was about a mile to the outskirts of town and we walked all the way through, I picked up some supplies for school at the store and we checked out the main squares and streets. Afterwards we walked back to the camp to have dinner. I went into the main town of Altmünster again after dinner with a big group of people, and we went to an ice cream café (Café Auszeit) and I found out about the wifi there, I am going to head over there tomorrow evening to post my pictures and old blog entries. One interesting thing about Austria is that pretty much all of the furniture is Ikea brand and everything is modern and abstract, then on the other side of the spectrum there are houses hundreds of years old in the classic Austrian style. Also if Sarah is reading this, I met an exchange student whose host sister is your exchange student, she is 16 and will be coming to Bozeman soon. So far though I am really enjoying the camp, there are a lot of cool kids here, and I have already formed some pretty good friendships. It’s not a lie when people say that you can really connect with other exchange students, because you are all going through the same things and being in another country is something that can’t really be described. Tomorrow I will finally post my entries, and until then wish me luck. 

Another view of the Traunsee


The main square in Gmunden

A park in Gmunden

Julien (left) and Lucas (right)

Me by the lake


This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply