The Alpe Part Two


Friday August 10 23:06
This morning I woke up late in the Alpe. I ate breakfast then shot the pellet guns again with Tobias and Martin. Afterward, we made a fire (to cook lunch on) and moved some chopped wood up next to the cabin. We ate a lunch of sausage as well as rice mixed with the mushrooms we collected yesterday. That afternoon all except Albert hiked to a nearby hut, the Bugl Hütte, only about a mile away. We drank some Austrian specialty lemonade (Almdüdler), then returned to the cabin cross country through the backfields. On return Tobias, Martin, and I played a game of Risk, although we did not finish it. For dinner we had mushrooms mixed with eggs, then ate more Milka chocolate. I have noticed that the knowledge I gained from AP Euro has become very useful when talking about geography and history with the Austrians, although I miss my friends and family a little bit, I am having a great time.


Here is the hut, inside it was ornately decorated


During the hike, a rare Maple tree
Martin and Tobias Heinzle

Shooting pellet guns in the back

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply