Tokyo?

All of my host siblings love a restaurant in Bregenz called 'Tokyo'. As soon as Agnes offered it up as an idead for something to do today they all started getting really excited and asking me if I like Japanese food. Naturally, I said I would try it (I will try anything on this exchange), so this morning we headed toward Bregenz. It was another rainy day, so Clara, Beni, Jakob and I took our rain jackets and umbrellas and went to the Schwarzach bus station. We caught the bus to Bregenz and got off about a block from the restaurant. Inside I was surprised to see two double-decker conveyor belts circulating food around the restaurant. It was an all you can eat buffet so I try all sorts of things, like fried banana (which is not good), shrimp, chicken, noodles, etc. One thing Beni and I tried we could not figure out what was in it. It was an orange disk shaped thing that had chocolate inside. It was warm and the outside was some kind of pumpkin or squash sort of thing, not so great. But other than that, all of the food was fresh and delicious. We payed and left after about and hour, then took the bus back to Schwarzach. Once home, we did nothing of importance, as it continued to rain. My computer charger had arrived, so I finally got a chance to upload my pictures and compress some of my timelapses I have had on my camera for a few days.

Clara and Jakob walking to the bus in the rain 
The entrance to the restaurant

Downtown Bregenz

Riding the bus together

Beni and Clara walking together

What the conveyor belt looked like

Jakob considering his choice

Inside the restaurant

This entry was posted in

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kristi says:

    Sounds like fun. I am glad you are getting to know your family. When do you start school? I started with kids on Wednesday, Aug 29. I have 21 kids that are awesome. Your pictures do look like Montana. Love you, Mom

  2. Unknown says:

    Japanese food is good...my favorite ya' know!

    There is a conveyor belt sushi place in Bellingham, that I've been to...also one in Vancouver, Canada....

Leave a Reply