Swimming in Bregenz

I got to use my new (old) bike today for the first time. It is an old Cannondale mountain bike that Agnes use to ride. She, Beni, Jakob and I biked from the house, through back streets and under tunnels, across farm lands and through multiple little towns and into Vorarlberg's capital: Bregenz. The total ride was a little under an hour, but the whole way was flat and pleasant There is a water park (like the one in Dornbirn except even bigger) right next to the Opera stage. Beni still can't swim for 2 weeks so I explored a little by myself. Then after laying in the sun and having an ice cream, Jakob and I raced down the slide a few times and swam across the pool. We spent about 2.5 hours there swimming around. In that one central park there was a lap pool, diving pool, kids park, water slide, dock into the lake (complete with diving board) volleyball, ping pong, a restaurant, and many other things to do as well. After we were finished swimming, we biked to a nearby monastary, where there was a quaint little restaurant. I ordered more Wiener Schnitzel, little did I know it was two whole cutlets and a full bowl of fries. I couldn't finish it, so I took it home with me. It is considered rude to not finish or not taked your leftover food here (I like that). I also noticed a large American influence. All of the music is American, a section of the Bodensee is called Neu Amerika, and even a popular style of girls swim suits is the American flag design. But anyway, there are a lot of things to do here in summer, and I don't think I will ever get bored. Tomorrow, Beni is taking me with some of his friends to a shopping center in Dornbirn, and I am looking forward to meeting some other kids my age.

Biking to Bregenz
In the main park by Bregenz
The countryside looks like it is almost Montana
My bike
The Bregenz diving and swimming pools, the slide in the background
The lap pool
On top of the Bregenz water slide
Laying on the grass by the pool
Some of the many bikes at the pool, way more people bike in Austria than the U.S.
The monastery cafe
Someone horse back riding in the middle of town, a Montana-ish thing to do
Biking across the Bregenzer Ach

This entry was posted in

One Response so far.

  1. Kristi says:

    When do you start school? Remember we heard American music the whole time we were in Europe and Belize. Glad you are having fun! Miss you. Mom

Leave a Reply