Messepark Dornbirn

At 11 today Beni took me down to the bus stop by the Schwarzach Kirche (church). The number 20 bus arrived and we met up with Beni's friend Micki (16 yr). The three of us rode through Schwarzach and into Dornbirn. Beni pointed out all of the stops I needed to know, because I will be riding the same bus to school every day as well as any time I want to go to Dornbirn. The public transportation here is really awesome. The bus is free and stops just about anywhere you could want to go. Also, the trains are affordable, comfortable and fast. I can travel the whole length of Austria by train in about 8 hours, which is really not too bad. Also, I am literally a half hour ride (by bus or car) to Switzerland and Germany, amazing. Anyway, we rode into the middle of Dornbirn and stopped at the Messepark, the main mall. It had three stories and many stores to visit. I bought a pair of shoes at 'Humanic', Beni got some clothes at H&M and we had lunch at 'Nordsee' (a seafood restaurant). All of the food here is healthier and tastier as well. Each morning, Agnes gets fresh bread from the store and we have homemade honey and jelly to use. But back to the mall. We browsed all around the stores and saw a couple other kids my age around. After a few hours we rode back to Schwarzach, it started to rain then and is supposed to continue for at least the next few days. I ate dinner with Agnes, Clara and Jakob then watched a track and field competition on tv. It was in Zürich, about an hour away, and it was strange thinking I am right next to athletes like Usain Bolt. It was a fun day all in all and I look forward to meeting more people and seeing more places in Vorarlberg.

The Messepark sign

Inside the mall

Beni and Micki using iPads in the Apple Reseller across from Humanic

Playing games that evening with Jakob and Agnes

A big ol' spider that decided the make a web over night in my room

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply