Return to Schwarzach

Saturday August 11 23:57
This morning I awoke at 5 in the morning to start a timelapse that lasted until the afternoon. Then I reawoke later to eat breakfast and start my last day in the Alpe. After breakfast, Tobias, Doris and I went hunting for blue berries. We used a specialty tool to harvest them and separate the berries from the plants. We filled our bucket, then returned for lunch. More meat was cooked, and we also had zucchini with oil, salt and pepper. Around 13 o’clock I finished my timelapse and we headed back to Schwarzach.  I returned to the Thurnher’s and said goodbye to the Thurnher’s, especially Tobias because he was leaving for the U.S.A. before I returned from language camp. Once back at the Thurnher’s I took a few minutes to pack for camp, then Ernst, Clara and Jakob took me to visit Ernst’s parents in Dornbirn. They were very kind, and we ate some home cooked cakes and bread. We returned home for dinner, meat, rice, and vegetables, and I learned that Benedikt had broken his arm at soccer that day, his arm was in a full cast. In 10 minutes I will head to the famous Bregenz Opera, the stage is the head of a woman in the Bodensee. There, I will meet the two other Rotary Exchange students in Vorarlberg, one is from Florida and the other from California I was told. We will all go together to the language camp. The Opera was amazing, it was called André Chénier and although it was in Italian, the theatrics and singing was amazing, especially against a sunset on the Bodensee. 

The tool for harvesting blueberries
Outside the stage


The setting for the Opera

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply